Sunday 2 September 2012

Big appetites


This picture is part of a series called "big appetites".
On his website the artist, Christopher Boffoli, decribes how he came about creating these ... a child's view of the adult world, where everything is larger than life, against the backdrop of food-  food being both a major health issue, but also "the sensual experience of eating accesses primal instincts that stretch back to the earliest days of our evolution".
Now I can relate to that! As a child I used  to dream about my favourite food, custard! Not english custard, Dutch custard, which was sold in half liter aluminium topped glass bottles  Eaten as cold as possible. I loved it so much, I used to dream about having a swimming pool full of it, and then diving in. Bliss! It is at least 20 years that I have indulged myself. Which, as I write this down, seems silly. Perhaps ..