Saturday 4 August 2012

Breathing room



As a child, I loved blowing dandelions. I would rush up to them wherever I found them. Poppies had the same effect on me. I used to make my father stop the car so that I could pick them.  Blowing the dandelion and seeing its seeds fly in the air gave me a feeling of oneness. As a (semi) grown up, I do not find myself changed much (except for walking much more slowly).
I stumbled into a website about breathing together in a breathing room  There is actually a map so that you can see who is using the breathing rooms (you may choose one to suit you). The idea made me giggle at first, until I tried it. It is an amazing feeling to breathe in and out with others. For me it is quite like blowing that dandelion, lots of them, with a feeling of connection. Try it yourself.

On November 11th 2012, at the exact same time, for one hour, the Universal Breathing Room invites you to do whatever most powerfully and joyfully connects you to the feeling tones of unity and love. Pray, meditate, sing, chant, dance, laugh, party, paint and then at the end of the hour: breathe synchronously as one global family in The Universal Breathing Room on  DoAsOne.orgCheck their website for more details and time conversion.