Thursday 26 July 2012

Dreamtography

 In a series entitled Surreal-ity, photographer Kylie Woon brings stories and dreamy scenes to life. She creates self-portraits where she floats, flips, and flies across each frame in seemingly impossible arrangements. Conveying all kinds of dramatic emotions: loss, fear, anger, and restlessness, etc.

Photograph by Kylie Woon. More here and here
Kylie says that her life has always flip-flopped between being obsessed with the small things in life versus being able to see the bigger, grander picture. She compares her experiences to photography and the idea of being zoomed in and zoomed out. "When I am zoomed in, everything in the universe is dark except for the inside of my head. I feel my feelings with painful clarity, and I am obsessed. When I am zoomed out, I am floating in space somewhere, looking down on earth which is the size of a glass marble. Like pieces of a puzzle, things just seem to fall into place. It's a reassuring clarity."